The Account Services Director is responsible for the stability and profitability of the company’s client base. In this role, they oversee all activity within the accounts department throughout the various stages of a client’s project and/or retainer lifecycle. In addition to monitoring and mentoring the Account Services team to build capacity and competency, they’re called upon to assist with defining business goals and user needs for both zag and its clients, identify ways to support the growth of client accounts, and determine opportunities to strengthen long term client relationships. They possess strong analytical thinking and communication skills as well as a strong business mindset to act on behalf of the agency to ensure continued success for the Account Services team and zag’s clients.
The purpose of this position is to oversee all external client/agency relationships to ensure the Account Services team provides exceptional customer service that consistently exceeds clients’ expectations. This is done by acting as a strategic client contact and advisor, with visible ongoing engagement, while proactively managing and developing team members. In this role, the Account Services Director leads the accounts department to ensure the agency provides sound and responsible marketing counselling and planning through the development of strong relationships and rapport.
Responsibilities & Duties
Areas of responsibility for the Account Services Director will include:
- Support account reps to interpret and prioritize complex strategies, projects and plans
- Review, analyze and evaluate the following, relative to the client’s needs and objectives: client data, creative output, media output and supplementary research
- Attend client meetings to strategize, ideate, educate and propose new marketing initiatives in order to cross-sell and upsell agency services.
- Provide support on media contracts and oversee the development of media plans including budgets, blocking charts and post-buy analysis
- Practice forward thinking and demonstrate bigger picture understanding of clients’ marketing strategy (including competitors and industries) and communicate how current projects relate to longer-term business objectives
- Monitor out of scope requests, estimates and approvals as required
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’re the perfect fit.
To be considered for this position, you will need a passion for marketing and be able to think on your feet. Experience in an agency setting will be considered an asset.
Shortlisted applications will receive an email from us requesting a 30-minute phone interview within five business days. Following the phone interview, successful applicants will receive a request for a formal interview.
We understand how uncertain the application process can be, so we promise not to leave you hanging. If at any time you are not selected to move forward, you will receive an email from us letting you know.