The Content Strategist is responsible for developing effective website, digital and social media content solutions for clients based on consumer insight and data. They’re able to identify trends, opportunities and insights and apply them to all things “online”. They’re expert organizers who are highly effective at staying on top of multiple projects, each with various moving pieces, thanks to their proactive thinking skills, exceptional verbal and written communication abilities and a strong attention to detail.
The purpose of this position is to provide sound and responsible online content solutions and planning. This includes the implementation of strategies as well as planning and working with agency teams to create effective content. In this role, the Content Strategist ensures that the agency provides work that exceeds clients’ expectations, by constantly adapting and anticipating industry trends and delivering a consistently superior product. The Content Strategist should have a firm grasp of online best practices and how they can drive effective and innovative website, digital and social media solutions.
Responsibilities & Duties
Areas of responsibility for the Content Strategist will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the creative team in creation of recommendations, strategies and actions for the client
- Demonstrate strong analytical abilities to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
- Write web content and online ad copy for digital campaigns by using strategically researched keywords with the goal to increase website traffic
- Work alongside Co-Creative Director to monitor project constraints (schedule/scope/resources)
- Provide persuasive rationale for clients to sign off on proposals
- Prepare reports summarizing the results of engagement and campaigns
- Champion internal systems for better efficiency
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Educate clients and manage their needs and expectations
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’re the perfect fit.
To be considered for this position, you will need a passion for marketing and be able to think on your feet. Experience in an agency setting will be considered an asset. While you can be located anywhere in Canada, you will be expected to work in the MST time zone.
Shortlisted applications will receive an email from us requesting a 30-minute phone interview within five business days. Following the phone interview, successful applicants will receive a request for a formal interview.
We understand how uncertain the application process can be, so we promise not to leave you hanging. If at any time you are not selected to move forward, you will receive an email from us letting you know.