The Copywriter is responsible for developing written solutions to meet clients’ objectives for concepts through to finished copy. They’re expert organizers who are highly effective at staying on top of multiple projects, each with various moving pieces, thanks to their proactive thinking skills, exceptional verbal and written communication abilities and a strong attention to detail.
The purpose of this position is to determine tone, style, structure and voice of content, based on available space, knowledge of editorial principles, aesthetic sense and brand considerations. The work of the Copywriter will reflect intelligent thinking, good organization and accuracy while meeting assignment deadlines with consistent and dependably high levels of performance. In this role, the Copywriter ensures that the agency provides work that exceeds clients’ expectations, by constantly and consistently adapting and anticipating industry trends and delivering a consistently superior product.
Responsibilities & Duties
Areas of responsibility for the Copywriter will include:
- Actively seek out and help define new creative possibilities for client engagements, from brand story-telling, content, social media, scripts, traditional and untraditional media
- Help develop and guide creative ideas based on input from the Co-Creative Directors, client and personal research
- Assure accuracy, completeness and neatness of copy from initial draft through to final copy
- Understand business objectives, challenges and opportunities of target and industry
- Understand and analyze a client’s personas, marketing positions, and consumer journeys
Send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you’re the perfect fit.
To be considered for this position, you will need a passion for marketing and be able to think on your feet. Experience in an agency setting will be considered an asset. While you can be located anywhere in Canada, you will be expected to work within an MST time zone.
Shortlisted applications will receive an email from us requesting a 30-minute phone interview within five business days. Following the phone interview, successful applicants will receive a request for a formal interview.
We understand how uncertain the application process can be, so we promise not to leave you hanging. If at any time you are not selected to move forward, you will receive an email from us letting you know.