The Digital Marketing Manager oversees the digital components of all client output. This includes forming an intimate understanding of a client’s business and translating that knowledge into leading edge solutions for all online channels. They possess strong analytical thinking and communication skills and will synthesize, develop, and present clear and concise recommendations in a way that not only articulates the agency’s point of view but also respects the best interests of – and delivers value to – the client.
The purpose of this position is to oversee the development and implementation of strategies for integrated digital marketing campaigns, web development oversight, implementation, and planning and engaging the agency teams (and outside contractors) to create effective websites. In this role, the Digital Marketing Manager ensures that the agency provides work that exceeds clients’ expectations, by constantly and consistently adapting and anticipating industry trends.
Responsibilities & Duties
Areas of responsibility for the Digital Marketing Manager will include:
- Collaborate with the Account Services team to create digital content, recommendations, strategies, and actions for the client
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices
- Employ a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze data and provide insight about relevant online conversations
- Develop project plans and assist with strategic intelligence to provide ongoing projects status updates to clients, internal and external team members, contractors, and third-party vendors.
- Provides leadership within the agency and monitor work scope of digital and web projects
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
Fill our the form below and tell us why you’re the perfect fit.
To be considered for this position, you will need a passion for marketing and be able to think on your feet. Experience in an agency setting will be considered an asset. While you can be located anywhere in Canada, you will be expected to work in the MST time zone.
Shortlisted applications will receive an email from us requesting a 30-minute phone interview within five business days. Following the phone interview, successful applicants will receive a request for a formal interview.
We understand how uncertain the application process can be, so we promise not to leave you hanging. If we contact you for an interview, and at any time you are not selected to move forward, you will receive an email from us letting you know.